Wednesday, July 18, 2012

SSS July 18 Story Time

Wednesday means time to get some journaling in your scrapbook.  Today's prompt is...

The person that made the strongest impact on you... This could be for good or in a bad way.  Someone that effected you enough that it somehow molded you into the person you are today. 

Maybe it was a sports player that made you follow you own dream of playing college basketball...

Maybe it was an aunt or uncle that loved to travel and took you on some trips and gave you the love of adventure...

Maybe it was a boy that loved cars and got you hooked to NASCAR (Joyce, that was for you, ha ha)

What if it was not a good thing, but something bad in your life that changed the way you feel about yourself?

This was a photo of me back then. 

My kids know my story.  It happened a long time ago, (23 years, 2 month, 0 days ago) typing this my eyes are watering up just thinking about it. It is not a happy story but it definitely changed my whole life, my very personality, and I have scrapped about this several times because I don't want it to happen to anyone else.  I recently did a layout about this event and cannot find that page so this is the original story I did.  Sometimes it is just as important to scrap the  bad as well as the good.




These are 8 1/2 x 11 pages in my old "Before Marriage" album,  As you can see it was an extensive story to tell.  Basically the story is about how I met and fell in love with someone, he turned out to be very abusive.  I got out, but not before he brutally beat me to a pulp and nearly killed me.  I had to go into hiding after that happened. I had to leave my job, my family, my friends because he would not stop trying to find me.

To this day I still have a fear in me that I cannot get over.  I will never drive through the town he lives in if fear I might see him. I can't sleep at night if my husband isn't home because I still hear footsteps when I am alone.

See, I told you it wasn't a nice story but it definitely molded the person I am to this day.

 One thing is... I will share this story with anyone. and scream from the rooftops,  If you are uncomfortable in any situation GET OUT, do not wait to see what is going to happen, do not try to talk yourself out of a bad situation.  Just get your self out of there!  Any NEVER ever blame yourself.  No one deserved to be abused either physically OR emotional.

Do you have a story to tell? 

Sometimes it can bring back bad memories like just typing up this blog has me crying again, but I know telling this story to me kids, they will have learned my lesson and it will be in their minds before they put themselves into a bad situation.

Hopefully, your influence was in a good way and that is still worth typing up an getting in your scrapbook.

Work from your stash.
Happy scrapping

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment